Did you like this article? Please share it.
PARK INNOVAARE is an innovation park next to the Paul Scherrer Institute PSI and its unique complex of large research facilities. It offers technology-driven companies a possibility to build and grow their business in a thriving innovation ecosystem with access to world-leading expertise, scientific and industrial network, and a comprehensive service portfolio. To meet the needs of those companies, PARK INNOVAARE is planning to build a new state-of-the-art campus ideal for industrial R&D. After an intensive round of negotiations, PARK INNOVAARE is happy to announce that it has concluded an investment agreement with CPV/CAP Pensionskasse Coop for the realization of the new buildings.
Innovation needs space. And not just any space! Many technology projects need a controlled environment. However, finding an office with a biology or chemistry lab or a clean room is not as trivial as one might think. To meet the need of technology-driven companies for a controlled environment with specific characteristics, PARK INNOVAARE wants to build a state-of-the-art infrastructure next to the Paul Scherrer Institute PSI that is ideal for industrial R&D projects.
Financing of the new campus has been secured
Today PARK INNOVAARE has come another step closer to realizing its goal. After an intensive round of negotiations, an investor for the new campus was found – CPV/CAP Pensionskasse Coop. Dr. Remo Lütolf, Chairman of the Board of Directors of innovAARE AG, is relieved to have met a major challenge: “With the building permit granted some time ago and now that the financing of construction works has been secured, the breakthrough has been achieved and PARK INNOVAARE can be realized as planned.”
Dr. Benno Rechsteiner, CEO of innovAARE AG, also delighted about this important step into the future, adds, “The commitment of the investor is another important milestone for the generation project PARK INNOVAARE. For me personally, this means that, in close cooperation with our industrial and academic partners and the Paul Scherrer Institute, we will be creating an attractive environment with national and international appeal for innovation-driven start-ups, SMEs and the research departments of large corporations. As part of Switzerland Innovation, we have a great brand, a broad base, and a well-functioning network.”
Maria Gumann, Chairwoman of the Executive Board of CPV/CAP Pensionskasse Coop, PARK INNOVAARE’s investor, is likewise enthusiastic: “We are pleased at the opportunity to invest in this dynamic ecosystem, which, thanks to its proximity to the Paul Scherrer Institute, is at the frontier of research and will make a significant contribution to bringing innovations to market more quickly. We believe in Switzerland’s innovative strength, and it is clear from the 16 companies already located at PARK INNOVAARE that the region has indeed become an innovation hub.”
23,000 sqm of office, lab, and clean rooms
The new building will be built under the management of full-service general contractor ERNE AG, based in Laufenburg. The 38,000 sqm building with a usable floor area of about 23,000 sqm will have clean rooms, vibration-free research laboratories, and various office spaces in various sizes. The main tenant of the new building on Villigerstrasse will be the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) – the research institute has already signed preliminary agreements for 70% of the rental space, as PSI needs more usable space in the form of additional workshops, laboratories, and offices for its research projects. The remaining 30% will be leased to start-ups and research departments of large companies.
Particularly interesting for companies in fields ranging from photonics to drug research
The new building of PARK INNOVAARE – thanks to its specific technical features and characteristics and close proximity to the Paul Scherrer Institute – will be ideal for companies in the fields of photonics, advanced imaging, medtech, metrology, micro- and nano-manufacturing, as well as for companies working in the fields of early-stage drug research and accelerator technology. Companies from the energy sector will also be able to benefit from the new facilities.
PARK INNOVAARE expects the new building to be ready for occupancy in 2023. For more information on rental opportunities and availability, please contact Francesco Colonna, Senior Manager Innovation and Funding, at firstname.lastname@example.org.